1.16.2011

Welcome!

Welcome to The Hallow Design! It is a business who consists of myself - an aspiring photographer who is just now getting started as a professional. I have been taking pictures for five years now. I started because I had an urge to capture beauty, sometimes in fleeting moments. I then brought my camera whenever I was out and from that, I started to actually build quite a nice portfolio. After friends and family noticed my work and liked it, they asked me to take pictures of them. That led to more projects....which added more to my portfolio. I have done:

- Nature ~ Flowers, mountains, lakes, trees, skies
- Structure ~ Railroad tracks, abandoned buildings, cars, trucks, bikes, motorcycles
- Events ~ Local concerts, BMX riders, dances, parties, recitals: singers and dancers
- People ~ Senior portraits, family photos, engagement pictures, prom photos, photo shoots on location
- Animals ~ Catching funny and sweet moments
- Self ~ Self portraits in a number of locations (using a timer)

I created a page on Facebook to show curious friends and family members what I love to do. Eventually, people started asking if I sold my prints or not. After taking some time to reflect, I decided to pursue this as far as I could take it. I sold a number of prints and have since started building a website to store all of my photos and to put them on display. Because of that success (and inquiries on if I could shoot certain events), I am proud to announce that I will now be conducting services, as well as continuing to sell prints! The name of my business is The Hallow Design, which I picked because my photography is an escape for me - a sanctuary. It is sacred and that's what "hallow" embodies for me

I decided to start this blog for a number of reasons, the most important being:

* Showcase my photos
* Post updates
* Share news
* Personal insights
* Creative thoughts and ideas
* Photo shoots

I hope you will follow me along for this ride. This creative journey is so fulfilling for me. I love being able to express my love for life through a passion that is an artistic process: photography. I want to thank all of you who have been supportive of me and my goals and dreams. It is the reason why I have come so far with this business. So stay tuned and keep following my blog!

0 comments: